NIFS M.B.A. (SAFETY MANAGEMENT)
Aim and Objective:
The Master of Business Administration (Safety Management) Degree Programme of the Annamalai University is to equip practicing Executives and Managers, working in Private / Public Sector Undertakings / Banks/ Educational Institutions. Industries and other similar organisations so as to enable them to enrich their managerial skills, decision-making, and to enhance their problem solving ability, through case studies, lectures, role-plays and business games with special focus on Safety Management.
Duration The Programme
The duration of the programme of study is two years and students shall complete the programme within a period of 7 years from the year of admission and the programme will comprise the subjects given in regulations.
Medium of Instruction
English will be the medium of instruction for the programme.
Eligibility for Admission
1. Any Graduation
2. Applicants who have qualified themselves in P.G. Diplomas in Management of any University / or any recognized institute and those who have worked in Managerial / Executive / Supervisory cadre in a Manufacturing / Marketing / Banking / Service organizations will be given preference.
Award of the Degree
Candidates for the M.B.A. (Safety Management) Degree shall be required to pass the examination held by the University after undergoing the prescribed programme of study through Distance Education.
Personal Contact Programme (Compulsory)
Personal Contact Programme is arranged at different centres for the benefit of the students. The minimum number of days to be conducted in a year is 60 days. It is compulsory for students to attend 80% of the days. In the second year Special lectures / Case Studies / Group Discussions / Role Plays / Management Games / In-Basket Exercises / Brain Storming classes will be conducted. Teaching will be through study materials sent to the students supplemented by face to face contact programmes, guest lectures and audio and video cassettes.
Course Content :
- 1.1 Principles of Managements and Organizational Behaviour.
- 1.2 Human Resource Management.
- 1.3 Marketing Management.
- 1.4 Financial Management.
- 1.5 Fundamentals of Safety.
- 1.6 Safety and the Law.
- 1.7 Fire Engineering.
- 1.8 Safety in Construction Industry.
- 2.1 Safety Management.
- 2.2 Safety Engineering.
- 2.3 Appraisal, Analysis, Inspection and Control Procedures.
- 2.4 Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health.
- 2.5 Environmental Education.
- 2.6 Production and Materials Management.
- 2.8 Project and Viva-voce Examinations OR
- 2.7.1 Safety in Chemical Industry
- 2.7.2 Safety in Electrical Industry
Scheme of Examinations
The total marks for each course is 100. In lieu of Project work and Viva-voce students can appear for two theory courses each 100 marks.
|Course||Duration||Max. MarksWritten Examination + Assignment||Min. Marks for a Pass|
|Course 1.1||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 1.2||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 1.3||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 1.4||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 1.5||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 1.6||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 1.7||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 1.8||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 2.1||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 2.2||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 2.3||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 2.4||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 2.5||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 2.6||3 hours||75 + 25||50|
|Course 2.8||3 hours||150 + 50||200|
A candidate passing in all subjects will be classified as follows:
|a.)||50% and above but less than 60%||Second Class|
|b.)||60% and above, but less than 75%||First Class|
|c.)||75% and above||First Class with Distinction|